Thursday, 2 January 2014

My New Year Resolutions (Unfinished, will write more later)

My friend asked me via FB what my New Year resolutions are.

Well, if it were a few years ago, I would have replied, "WHAT DO WOMEN WANT EXCEPT GETTING INTO BIKINI SHAPE!?"

But I've grown up and am past that age now.
I mean it's still important to look attractive and make sure your body is more or less in shape, but that's not THE most important thing in my life.

SO, I'm gonna list up my new New Year resolutions here, for all the world to see. (I used "new" twice here on purpose, meaning "as opposed to my old NY resolutions":D)

Establish good habits - that includes:
getting up and going to be around the same time each day
doing the same kind of things after getting up and before going to bed
(eg. Recently after getting up I drink a cup of lukewarm water for detox, and then do some exercise. I do a few exercise before going to bed too)
Go for a walk everyday
Learn a new Chinese word everyday.
etc. (I'm gonna stop it now otherwise I would end up spending the whole day on making the list)

Cultivate love in myself 
Love is an art and it needs cultivation, said the good old Erich Fromm. 

Read books unrelated to my study everyday, even if it were just a few pages
I don't want to make any more excuses like "I simply have no time to read books!"
What is life without books?

Keep it simple
Don't spend time being fake on Fakebook. Or taking endless numbers of selfies. Not that I ever do any of them.

Be Myself
Jesus said, "What will a man gain by winning the whole world, at the cost of his true self?
Or what can he give that will buy that self back?"(Matthew 16:26) The answer is NOTHING for both questions.

Identify my values and stick to them
And remember that how I think about myself is more important than how others think about me. 

Live with passion!
Do what I love most.



No comments:

Post a Comment